Russia says no safe exit for Aleppo rebels proposed

  |   World News

Moscow has not reached an agreement with the US on safe exit for Aleppo fighters, the Russian deputy foreign minister said after rebel officials claimed a proposal had been presented by the two countries.

Syrian regime forces, aided by Russian aerial onslaught, have taken more than 80 percent of rebel-held eastern Aleppo, and thousands of civilians are trapped in the warzone without enough water and other basic amenities.

The Russia-backed ground offensive, which began on November 26, followed an intensive aerial bombing campaign that knocked out most of the medical facilities, targeted civil defence and municipal vehicles and blocked roads with rubble.

To read full article - https://goo.gl/e7dAJH