Thirteen people died early Friday after a suspected short circuit triggered a fire at a garment unit running illegally from a residential area of Ghaziabad, police said.
Ten of the men died of suffocation and three of the burns they suffered at the makeshift factory in the densely populated Shaheed Nagar, which is close to the Delhi border.The fire department was informed at around 5.20am but fire tenders struggled to get to the building. “The road is barely 9-10 metres wide and is crowded with material and parked vehicles. Still, we put up a ladder and rescued the trapped workers,” chief fire officer Akshay Ranjan Sharma said.
To read full article - https://goo.gl/jbRWi3