Xenophobic attacks: I lost N240.6m, says Nigerian mechanic

  |   Nigeria News

A 42-year-old South Africa-based Nigerian automobile mechanic, Mr. Simon Adeoye, said on Tuesday that he lost N240.6m (R10m) to the xenophobic attacks by South Africans on his workshop on Saturday Adeoye told the News Agency of Nigeria on the telephone from Pretoria, South Africa, that he got a call on the day of the incident that his workshop had been set ablaze and that he rushed to the place.

It noted the last one which occurred on February 17, 2017 in Pretoria West led to the burning, looting and destruction of the properties of Nigerians even as many suffered serious injuries for no just cause.

It called on the ruling African National Congress in South Africa to rise up and not allow "disgruntled and uninformed elements in the society to disrupt the good works the leadership had been implementing since the advent of democracy in 1994."

To read full article - https://goo.gl/28DJ1D

📲 Get Nigeria News on Whatsapp 💬