Mother Teresa's white saree with three blue borders, the outer border being wider than the two inner ones is today worn by all nuns of the Missionaries of Charity. It has been recognised as Intellectual Property of the organisation as on the fourth of September, 2016, coinciding with the day the Mother was canonised.
Legend has it that Mother Teresa had bought the plain white, blue-patterned saree from M.G. Road in Kolkata in 1948. The border of the saree had two small blue stripes followed by a wider stripe. She got it blessed by Father Van Exem at the Sacristy of the Convent Chapel. And wore the same designed saree ever after as she went out to serve the poor and the destitute on the streets of Kolkata.
Similar kinds of sarees are now woven by leprosy patients of the Gandhiji Prem Niwas at Titagarh in North 24 Parganas, in the state of West Bengal and are worn by the Missionaries of Charity nuns across the world.
To read full article 🔗- https://goo.gl/Hp1dqy