Trials of Boko Haram suspects in Nigeria will take place behind closed doors with no media present, a justice ministry official with knowledge of the matter told AFP on Friday.
The move was made on security grounds following discussions between the government and the Department of State Services intelligence agency.
"There will be no access to the media," said the official, who asked not to be identified. "The decision was based on the need for confidentiality because of security issues that may come up during the trial."
The justice ministry announced last week that the trials of more than 1,600 suspects were scheduled to begin from October 9.
To read full article - http://v.duta.us/wraU9wAA