Image Credits: The Herald
Two more Filabusi family members have died of mushroom poisoning, bringing to 15 the number of people who have died after consuming the fungi.
The Filabusi family consumed the poisonous mushrooms on Saturday, leading to the death of one person on Tuesday and another one on Wednesday. Yesterday’s death brought the Filabusi family death toll to four at a time when four others are admitted in hospital.
Three are admitted to Mpilo Central Hospital, while one is at Filabusi District Hospital. Eleven others are members of different Mberengwa families, who consumed the poisonous mushrooms last week. Mpilo Central Hospital clinical director Dr. Solwayo Ngwenya confirmed that the two latest deaths from the same Filabusi family.
He said four members were still hospitalised and one is said to be in the hospital’s intensive care unit.
“I received a call yesterday at around 2 am confirming that two members, who were admitted at Filabusi District Hospital had been rushed to Mpilo as they were deteriorating. Unfortunately, one of the children died on admission and the second one died at around 4 pm,” said Dr. Ngwenya.
Know more: http://v.duta.us/Ua0enwAA