The Sports Ministry has referred the case involving the over 50 Ghanaians facing deportation in Australia for posing as journalists, to National Security for investigation. The Ghanaian ‘journalists’ were flagged by Australian officials last week after failing to provide concrete evidence to back their claim that they were journalists, although they had the right accreditation to enter the country.
Deputy Sports Minister, Pius Hadzide on Thursday, revealed on the Citi Breakfast Show, that the Ministry had begun investigating the matter, and a statement signed by Sports Minister Isaac Asiamah, said National Security is investigating the case.
“The Ministry has officially requested the National Security to thoroughly investigate circumstances leading to the acquisition of visas by underserving persons who are in no way connected with the ongoing 21st Commonwealth Games in Australia,” a statement from the Ministry said.
To read full article 🔗- http://v.duta.us/1R3voAAA