A judge has ordered a brief delay in former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's upcoming trial, pushing off by a few days the opening arguments set for next month.
U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the arguments by both sides will take place on September 24, but she kept in place the existing September 17 date for jury selection.
Jackson granted the brief delay after defense lawyers, who just finished representing Manafort at a separate trial in Alexandria, Virginia, last week, complained they didn't have adequate time to prepare for the next case in Washington.
"None of this gets everybody everything they're seeking...but I think it will alleviate some of the pressure," the judge said near the end of a two-hour hearing discussing arrangements for the trial.
At the end of the hearing, Manafort attorney Richard Westling told the court his teams plans to file a motion Thursday seeking a change of venue in the case, which was brought by special counsel Robert Mueller.
To read full article - http://v.duta.us/r_hiNQEA