Food🍜 Infected With E Coli at Egyptian🇪🇬 Death Hotel

  |   World News

Food at an Egyptian hotel where a British couple died within hours of each other was infected with high levels of two types of bacteria. John Cooper, 69, and his wife, Susan, 63, died while staying at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic hotel in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada on August 21.

Thomas Cook, the holiday company, said that its tests on food at the five-star hotel, which offers all-inclusive packages, had high levels of E. coli and staphylococcus bacteria. The company said its specialists were unable to access the Coopers’ hotel room as it remains under the control of the Egyptian authorities who are investigating the deaths. Thomas Cook said in a statement: “It is clear from these results that something went wrong in August . . . and that standards fell below what we expect from our hotel partners.”

The company said that neither the independent specialists who carried out the investigation nor a medical expert “believe that these results shed any light on the still-unexplained cause of death of Mr and Mrs Cooper”. The couple's daughter said that the night that vital clues may have been lost because cleaners and maintenance workers were allowed access to her parents’ room soon after they died.

To read full article 🔗- http://v.duta.us/IzScOQAA

📲 Get World News on Whatsapp 💬