Cape Town – Rape charges have been provisionally withdrawn against suspended Cape Times multimedia journalist Sandiso Phaliso, his legal representative said yesterday.
Phaliso was arrested last year after he was charged with the rape of a minor.
His legal representative, Zukisani Bobotyana, said the charges were withdrawn because of a lack of evidence. Should the State at any time find new evidence, the case could be reopened, Bobotyana said.
Phaliso was suspended by the newspaper following the charges. His charge sheet had stated he allegedly forcefully penetrated the vagina of a child aged 7 with his penis in Nyanga in 2014.
On October 29 last year, after his third court appearance, Phaliso's case was postponed to December for further investigation....
Photo - http://v.duta.us/or3gOQAA
Click here to read more— - http://v.duta.us/fUaeQwAA