INTERNATIONAL - Italy has denied a report it will ban China’s Huawei Technologies and ZTE Corp from playing a role in building its fifth-generation mobile phone network.
“We have no intention of adopting any such initiatives,” the industry ministry said in a statement.
Huawei, the world’s biggest producer of telecoms equipment, faces international scrutiny over its ties with the Chinese government and suspicion Beijing could use its technology for spying, something the company has denied.
Earlier on Thursday Italian daily La Stampa cited senior government sources as saying Rome was ready to use special powers to terminate contracts involving the Chinese operators.
But in a statement the industry ministry said there was no proof of any threat to security in this regard....
Photo - http://v.duta.us/-GfvBQAA
Click here to read more— - http://v.duta.us/TTL1-wAA