KZN Premier Willies Mchunu and KZN MEC for Corporate Governance and Traditional Affairs, Nomusa Ncube-Dube. They want the province declared a disaster area. Leon Lestrade African News Agency (ANA)
Durban - The cost of last week's devastating floods that killed 70 people and displaced thousands of people across KwaZulu-Natal has soared to R1.1bn, Premier Willies Mchunu
said on Monday.
In addition, the premier said that he would
be appealing to President Cyril Ramaphosa to declare the province a state of disaster
Mchunu held a briefing on Monday following an emergency meeting with the eThekwini Municipality's executive committee on Friday.
The briefing was meant to inform media of the decisions taken by the city's executive council during an emergency meeting on Friday....
Photo - http://v.duta.us/dc-17AAA
Click here to read more— - http://v.duta.us/WJzf7wAA