Family of Boy👦 Electrocuted Awarded Sh500,000💵

  |   Kenya News

The family of a Class Eight pupil electrocuted two years ago while in school has been awarded Sh500,000 by a Kisii Court. The family of Wycliffe Kenyanya Onchwangi had sued the Kenya Power Limited after he was electrocuted in September 2017 while pruning a tree near an electricity transformer.

The family had asked the court to award them Sh3 million as compensation from the State electricity power provider after Kenyanya died while performing a punishment given by the school head teacher.

“I have decided to award the family of the late Wycliffe Kenyanya Sh500,000,” said Kisii Resident Magistrate Priscah Wamucii.

To read full article - http://v.duta.us/nk7B-QAA

📲 Get Kenya News on Whatsapp 💬